GATEWAY COLLEGE PREP SCHOOL
“Citizen, Scholar, Athlete”
Physical activity through athletic participation is a great way for our students to become and stay healthy. We encourage all of our students to be involved in at least one sport at Gateway. In order for your child to be eligible to participate in athletics offered at Gateway this upcoming school year there are several required forms and procedures that must completed for your child’s safety and to assure eligibility. The following is a list of requirements for your child’s participation:
1. All athletes entering the 7th grade through the 12th grade must have a physical examination.Gateway requires every athlete to have an annual physical. The attached Physical Evaluation Form is the only physical form accepted due to UIL regulations.
2. IMPORTANT: Physicals must be dated on or after May 1, 2017 to be accepted for the 2017-2018 school year.
3. The physical examination form and all other necessary and listed athletic forms should be returned completed to one of the following locations:
· Orenda Education district office at 2951 Williams Drive in Georgetown (behind Taco Bell) at the front desk anytime Monday – Friday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (except holidays).
· Gateway College Prep School campus at 3360 Westinghouse Road in Georgetown at the administration building/registrar office during school hours. This form must be given to the Administrative Assistant Jennifer David to be forwarded to the Athletic Office at Orenda. Do not give the completed forms to coaches.
4. DO NOT MAIL IN THE ATHLETIC FORMS OR SEND THEM THROUGH INTERCAMPUS MAIL.
5. All student athletes must have all athletic forms and fees turned in prior to the start of their athletic season. No athlete will be allowed to begin participation for a Gateway athletic team until all athletic forms and fees are completed and on file. ONLY COMPLETED PACKETS WILL BE ACCEPTED
6. TWO emergency forms must be filled out completely (one form travels with the team and the other form stays at the school).
7. The catastrophic insurance must be paid when turning in the athletics packet. The fee is $5.00 and covers participation in all Gateway sports.
Catastrophic Health Insurance:
All students participating in athletics (including try-outs) at Gateway must purchase a catastrophic insurance policy arranged by the school. This blanket policy pays for medical expenses out of pocket which exceed $25,000 per occurrence. The cost for this insurance is $5.00 for all students who participate in any sport.
Primary Health Insurance:
It is highly recommended that all students who are participating in athletics also have personal health insurance.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Gateway Athletic Department at
512-869-3020, opt. 0, Attn. Kelly Miller, Executive Assistant.
Richard N. Rickey